Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)
16101430

My ALT is 101 My AST is 65 Should I be worried?

Customer Question

My ALT is 101
My AST is 65
Should I be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that your liver functions seems to be slightly derranged. ALT and AST are liver enzymes which do become elevates when there is any inflammation or injury to the liver. I will suggest to ask your physician to screen for hepatitis B and C just to be on the safer side. Avoid alcohol and pain killers. I would repeat the liver tests in 4 weeks time. It is important to find out the cause of derranged liver functions with the help of tests which can include liver scan.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.