Spoke with the Endocrinologist (A1C 4.9). Wish I had asked boxes ago:
1. After using the cap (needle) place in clean pill bottle with alcohol to cover it more than twice, or so.
1a. Shake gently container to get alcohol into underside of cap and moving air out.
2. The next use take out using clean Qtip and shake excess alcohol away. Let dry a minute, or so.
3. Do not touch needle to anything (including fingers).
4. Wipe barrel head with alcohol.
5. Attache cap to barrel.
6. Measure one unit of Insulin and squirt out clearing the needle.
7. After appropriate dosage, remove cap and place back in container with alcohol for
8. Go through same procedure UNTIL it hurts after inserting, or more bleeding from
opening than usual. Time to discard this cap.
9. Empty old alcohol (as long as it is wet, it is useable and effective) and restart.
Is this a plan? Thank you.