Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I am a 43 year old female. I have had constant nausea for

I am a 43 year old female. I have had constant nausea for 6 days with stomach pain on left side of abdomen. I haven't been able to eat for 2 days because of the nausea but have been staying hydrated. I have had frequent loose bowl movements 4xa day. Any idea what could be causing this? I don't have health insurance so don't want to rush to dr unless I need to.
Hi--any fever? Lower left abdomen? Is the area tender to press on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Low grade occasionally. Pain is left middle, across from belly button. Hurts when I move, posh on it etc

OK--while this could just be a viral gastroenteritis, Gigi, that should have resolved by now. It could be a bacterial enteritis or it could be diverticulitis--an infected pouch in the left colon. Either way, this is now serious and you likely need antibiotics. I fully understand the lack of insurance thing, and if I could, I'd love to tell you just to ride it out, but you have to see a doctor about this just as soon as possible