Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

I have a dull pain in my knee that seems to be triggered by

I have a dull pain in my knee that seems to be triggered by doing squats, deadlifts, or running but subsides if I stick to walking for a while. Its also triggered by if I step oddly. The knee is not really sensitive to touch. I've had the condition for several months. Can you speculate on what the condition is or what treatment options there might be?
Any xrays done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well the pain that you describe is generally caused by patellofemoral syndrome
>It is defined as a a dull, aching pain under or around the front of the kneecap (patella) where it connects with the lower end of the thighbone (femur). Pain occurs when walking up or down stairs, kneeling, squatting, and sitting with a bent knee for a long period of time.

You can read about it here:

Treatment revolves around rest, nonsteroidals, but some severe cases may need surgery..

I hope that I provided you with excellent service.
Please leave positive feedback if I did
Use reply if you need clarification.