Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Hi, Im 31 and have suffered from pain for the past

Hi, I'm 31 and have suffered from facial pain for the past 8 years. I was diagnosed with atypical facial pain as they were unable to find a definite diagnosis, though they said that my symptoms were under the same umbrella as cluster headaches. One symptom I had from the start was drooping eyebrows. Not to a huge extent but enough to have effected my confidence. I have been putting money aside in an attempt to rectify this, however I have been researching my options and I prefer the idea of a botox brow lift to surgery but am aware that it is sometimes advised for people with neuromuscular conditions to avoid this, is my condition recognised as neuromuscular? I would not mind having a surgical brow lift apart from the fact that some people have facial palsy after local anesthetic or worse still permanant palsy. So really I am asking if atypical facial pain is classed as neuromuscular and what are the odds of getting facial palsy if I went down the path of invasive surgery. (I am currently on 225mg amitriptyline nightly, and zostrix has also helped manage the condition. Many thanks, Cara.
No this is not a neuromuscular condition
The ones they are talking about are things like multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, lou gerigs etc.
Botox is great- because it can wear off if you are not happy..

hope that I provided you with excellent service.
Please leave positive feedback if I did
Use reply if you need clarification.