Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

HI im a healthy 44 years old male i workout several times

HI im a healthy 44 years old male i workout several times a week , and lately i have been experiencing lightheaded /dizziness when i bend over...i also have been having headaches/ heartburn???? Any of this related to each other ???

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

The heartburn is unrelated

Dr. Brims :

The dizziness may be related to your heart, or it may be due to inadequate calorie intake prior to your workout

Dr. Brims :

It may also be from dehydration

Dr. Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

yes.. what do you mean my heart???? i only experience dizziness when i bend over but if I'm standing up or sitting down when i workout im fine..

Customer:

im going for my annual physical tommorrow is there anything i should ask him to check or have checked????

Dr. Brims :

It could be due to an irregular heart beat, it may also be due to electrolyte abnormalities in your blood, blood tests would be required to determine the exact cause, as well as an EKG

Dr. Brims :

Ask them to do an EKG and a complete metabolic profile

Dr. Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Brims :

Do you understand my replies?

Customer:

Anything else i should have him check????

Dr. Brims :

Those are the only things they should check

Customer:

Thank YOU!!!!

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me 'Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end this chat session