Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a small white pimple looking bump on edge of labia minora

I have a small white pimple looking bump on edge of labia minora about the size of a pin it doesn't burn hurt or sting. But this is the second time getting it in the same spot. And yes I am sexually active
Hi--did a doctor look at this the first time? Can you describe it a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The doctor looked at it the first time and said they were too small to culture and didn't look like herpes and if it got bigger and painful to let him know. But it went away after 4 days so I never went back. And a month or 2 later here I am. It's at the very tip of my labia minora it's got a whitehead sort of like a pimple but it doesn't hurt itch or burn it's very small. And in an awkward spot sort of near my vaginal entrance
OK--doesn't sound at all like herpes or any STD. It's likely folliculitis--an infected hair shaft--or perhaps a small sebaceous cyst.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a specific reason I keep getting them?
Not really if it's folliculitis unless you shave there Katie--these just sometimes crop up