Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I just finished my accutane treatment for just over 3 weeks.

I just finished my accutane treatment for just over 3 weeks. I'm wondering how long I should wait until my husband and I should try for a baby. I'm getting a mixture of responses. I hear accutane is quickly metabolised but some sites say wait one month.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The half life of Accutane is 90 hours. About 7-9 half lives are required for the elimination of a drug. Thus waiting for one month is necessary, in which duration whole of the accutane is eliminated from the body; after which you can try for the baby.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.