Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My daughter is 13 years old and pretty healthy. She has been

My daughter is 13 years old and pretty healthy. She has been having this issue lately, and especially during this cold weather. She always sneezes and has runny nose when she wakes up in the morning, and this continues for a few minutes with her blowing up her nose and uses alot of tissue. She is then OK with dry nose after a couple of hours. This happens almost every day now. Some friends said she has allergies of colds. Is this possible? What will be the cure? Nasal spray? Can I buy over the counter or via prescription?
Hi--this cold season is the first time it's happened to her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This started about a year ago and she didnt tell me until now. Her nose was so irritated from blowing her nose so much.

Sorry for the delay. This is known as nonallergic rhinitis and it is caused by the change in the weather. It's best treated with a cortisone nasal spray which is a prescription. Over the counter antihistamines like benadryl or Claritin can also help