Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I am 25 years old, never had any dental/mouth problems before.

I am 25 years old, never had any dental/mouth problems before. I recently (in the past few months) getting sporadic pain in the back of my jaw, which I believe is from my wisdom teeth. The two wisdom teeth on the bottom are still almost completely covered with skin, but the two on the top are coming out horizontally.

Today I began having pain when eating, but when I investigated my mouth I realized that it isn't really the tooth that's hurting, but rather I have raised white lines on the insides of my cheeks (which I believe is called linea alba) and in the very back of my mouth that line is hitting my teeth when chewing, causing me great pain and small amounts of bleeding. It hurts a lot to eat anything today only because my skin is being pinched.

Could you please give me advice on how I can stop the pain? I have an appointment with an oral surgeon next week, but I'd like to eat between now and then :)

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

What have you tried so far for the pain?

Dr. Brims :

can you see my replies?

Customer:

Hi, yes.

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

I have tried tylenol and not eating solids.

Customer:

Anything I have to chew hits the raised portion of my cheek.

Dr. Brims :

Okay, usually in circumstances similar to this I would recommend my patients take aleve, 440mg twice daily

Dr. Brims :

It helps with the inflammation and pain

Dr. Brims :

Also salt water gargles

Customer:

I will try Aleve and salt water gargles, thanks! Do you think this is something to do with my wisdom teeth?

Dr. Brims :

It likely is related to your wisdom tooth

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

Okay thank you

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome