Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have had an mri, x-ray and blood work. Saw orthopedic doctor

I have had an mri, x-ray and blood work. Saw orthopedic doctor and rheumatoid arthritis doctor. I had no injury and am not overweight. Both Drs. said that there is nothing wrong no RA, Gout or Arthritis.... still the pain is sometimes so overwhelming I can barely walk. what do I do? I wake up in the middle of the night in pain and can not stay asleep. I have taken Alieve, asprin and ibprophen. Use pillows and ice packs. I can not take this pain any longer, I cry My life is surrounded by my pain and if I can do anything as I used to. Please help, thank you.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear this

Dr. Brims :

Are you requesting a prescription or medial advice?

Dr. Brims :

medical*

Customer:

advice but what over the counter can I use?

Dr. Brims :

What dose of aleve have you tried?

Customer:

220 mg twice a day

Dr. Brims :

Okay, if my patient had severe pain I would recommend taking 440mg twice daily

Dr. Brims :

I would also recommend you ask your doctor to try you on lyrica or neurontin, they work well for pain

Customer:

will hurt my stomach lining? I have had problems with lesions in my stomach. I can not take lyrica caused severe swelling on legs and feet. Have not tried neurotin.

Dr. Brims :

Neurontin will not hurt your stomach lining

Customer:

my main concern Is getting rid of the pain not just taking meds is that possible without surgery?

Dr. Brims :

It may be possible without surgery, physical therapy may help

Customer:

I know without seeing me or my blood work, MRI and x-ray what could be the cause of the severe pain? if I do to much ie shopping (groceries), cleaning or going on a walk I will suffer greatly afterwards and into the next day or so.

Dr. Brims :

It could be a cartilage defect, I cannot tell without seeing your tests

Customer:

ok, thank you so very much for your time and help. I do appreciate it.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome