Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have a aching in my lower front leg, its worse when i sleep

I have a aching in my lower front leg, its worse when i sleep and i had a bypass years ago where the pain is
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear this

Dr. Brims :

When did this start?

Customer:

Its been going on for a week now

Dr. Brims :

Any redness or swelling?

Customer:

a bit of swelling

Dr. Brims :

Is the pain constant?

Customer:

it only happens when i try to sleep at night

Dr. Brims :

Do you take any medication?

Customer:

no

Dr. Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions?

Customer:

bbypass, angina and im diabetic

Dr. Brims :

You have those conditions and you don't take any medication?

Customer:

sorry i thought you meant for the leg but yes i do take maedication for my angina and diabitis and for my prostate gland

Dr. Brims :

What medication?

Customer:

can you hold on a second while i go and get it please

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

omeprazole,dispersible aspirin,finasteride,tamsulosin hydrochloride (prostate). Diabitis - gliclazide glucophage. clalestrohole - fluvastatin.

Dr. Brims :

Does it only swell at night?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I can walk on it ok, it doesn't to do that but when i sleep it keeps me awake all night

Dr. Brims :

Okay

Dr. Brims :

I would advise you to have this examined, it may be due to venous incompetency

Dr. Brims :

I think you may benefit from a test called a PVR to assess your veins in that leg

Dr. Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

I had a vein taken out of my leg when i had the bypass and for the past 16 years its always been a bit tender but now when i lay down there is a dull ache there, can you give me an example of a PVR please

Customer:

is it similar to an exray?

Dr. Brims :

It is a test

Dr. Brims :

it is not like an x ray

Dr. Brims :

It is like an ultrasound

Customer:

ok so would you recommend a visit to my local surgery so they can arrange that

Dr. Brims :

Yes, that would be ideal

Customer:

ok, also i have strained my abductor muscle and it keeps popping

Customer:

would that have something to do with my lower leg hurting

Dr. Brims :

No, I don't think that is related, it is likely separate

Customer:

ok i just want to say thank you for your excellent advise and i hope you enjoy the rest of your day

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

I am happy I could help

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me " Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

i already have and it was an excellent service

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience