Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I am 61 years od and I recently wiped and found light pink

I am 61 years od and I recently wiped and found light pink when I wipped I am going to a gyn should I be worried
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this, do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

Yes I ave high blood pressure and I take xanax for annxiety

Dr. Brims :

Are you menopausal and when was your last pap smear?

Customer:

I am 61 and petrofied of doctors its been about 18 years sorry

Customer:

I am going today so scared it is cancer I just lost my sister to lung cancer.

Dr. Brims :

Have you noticed any vaginal discharge?

Customer:

no just that one day it was light link on the toilet paper not heavy but if there was may it was clear if any

Customer:

Sorry meant pink

Dr. Brims :

Okay, any burning when you urinate?

Customer:

no but at one point when I dee urinate where I urinated from wood hurt but it stopped

Customer:

oh God I meant pee not too good at typing

Dr. Brims :

Okay, I don't think you need to worry about cancer, this is likely from irritation of the tissue which is normal at your age

Customer:

I hope so cause my back hurts but I had exrays and they say it is moderate arthris and all I hear is if you havepain inback and abdomen it is ovarian cancer

Dr. Brims :

back pain and abdominal pain do not mean you have ovarian cancer

Customer:

I have not spotted since that day

Dr. Brims :

Ok, that is good

Dr. Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer:

when you have ovarian cancer do you spott alot

Dr. Brims :

No, it rarely causes spotting

Customer:

Oh someone told me you spot Do you know the signs of ovarian cancer

Dr. Brims :

WEight loss, abdominal distension with fluid build up in your abdomen, weakness, low blood count and loss of appetite

Customer:

ok thank u I have a good appitite

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

I will let you go I guess the only way I will put my mind to rest is to go to the gyn even though I probably will get a heart attack from freight

Dr. Brims :

There is no need to be frightened, I don't think you have cancer

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

If you have no other questions, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience