Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have 2 questions 1. Does electrical stimulation exasperate

Customer Question

I have 2 questions
1. Does electrical stimulation exasperate metabolic acidosis? I am on an Adkins diet and yesterday I did this slender tone (muscle stimulation device to decrease stomach). I went to get my car fixed and something scared me there so upon leaving, I started hyperventilating. I came home and had really stronge ketone breath. Then last night, I had severe muscle spasms.

2. I take care of a friend with chest problems and I have some questions. In 2010, my friend was poisoned and almost died. Her symptoms then included green sweat, yellow ring in iris, severe stomach colitis and chest pain. She had like a dark burn mark on her chest,
shoulder pain, and wheezing. She didn't go to the ER right away cause she wanted to be with her family if she died. When she did go to ER, the alarm on the monitor kept going off so they disconnected the alarm. She says she thought RR on the monitor kept fluctuating from 4-44 for about 3 hours. They discharged her with a prescription of Tylenol 3, which she didn't take. Since then she has been afraid to go to the doctor and still had chest pain . In early September this year she started wheezing? Please tell me what is going on and how can I help her? P.S. somebody suggested copper poisoning was one of the problems.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

Hello Ajanta ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The electrical stimulation is unlikely to cause metabolic acidosis. It stimulates the muscles locally (in your case stomach) and would not be responsible for the acidosis. Hyperventilation due to panic can cause acidosis and rest of your symptoms like ketone breath and muscle spasms.

Coming to your second question; the persistent chest pain since 2010 is unlikely to be a heart related pain. This is termed as non cardiac chest pain and can occur due to;

1) Esophagus spasm
2) Hiatal hernia
3) Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
4) Esophagus motility disorders
5) Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or chronic bronchitis (if smoker).
6) Interstitial lung disease.

She will require following investigations;

1) Chest CT scan
2) High resolution CT scan of lung
3) Lung function test
4) Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
5) Barium swallow
6) Esophageal manometry.

These will pin point the cause. A complete blood counts, metabolic profile, autoimmune panel also would be necessary with the above. It is not likely due to copper poisoning.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She does have chest pain she was prescribed heart medication which she hasn't had refilled. She just never saw a specialist.
Hello Ajanta,

She willl need a fresh cardiac evaluation by following;

1) EKG
2) CT coronary angiogrpahy
3) Stress test
4) Stress Thallium cardiac evaluation.

All of these are necessary for the ascertainment of the severity of the disease and further treatment. There are various cardiac diseases like congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, ischemic heart disease etc and these investigations will pin point them.

It is privilege assisting you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was in art class yesterday and we were discussing biochips, so I have some questions. How do you diagnose biochips and what are the symptoms. A guy in class said his friend had one which caused a tumor the size of a fist in his abdomen. He had it removed( the tumor) in January 2012.
Ajanta,

I am not clear about the question. Could you please elaborate?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you aware of biochips and there medical implications. One girl in class was convinced she had one inserted cause it feels like a baby kicking in her stomach and she is not pregnant. My question is what are the symptoms, what doctor can diagnose it and remove it. Or do you have to go to a vet?
The biochips in humans would not be inserted without their permission. Usually it won't cause any symptom. It can be identified by an ultrasound exam by a radiologist.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We discussed these biochips in class and they do cause problems as supported my literature on the Internet. I thank you for trying to answer this question but we believe doctors need to be aware of this growing problem and doctors that insert these should be held accountable. After all they took an oath. First, do no harm. My friend days that someone at riverside hospital or Mt. Carmel in Columbus, Ohio is doing this and it is wrong. Actually in class they said a MRI would find the biochip. Can they get an MRI without a prescription cause they are in a lot of pain especially if it causes tumors

There may be some private diagnostic center (outside hospitals) which may get the MRI without prescription.