Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Hi there, I woke up 10 days ago with severe diarrhea and

Hi there,

I woke up 10 days ago with severe diarrhea and physical sickness. This carried on for the next 48 hours and began to clear up! I have suffered with a bit of dehydration since with weakness and daily headaches which have now started to get better. The problem I have however is a constant feeling of extreme nausea!! I wake up from around 2am-4am in sweats feeling like I am going to be sick! this is now my 10th day of feeling like this and doesn't show any sign of getting better. I feel a slight uncomfortable feeling in my lower stomach but its the constant feeling of being sick which is the worry! Ive been to the local GP on a couple of occasions and they are bemused as I am!! Can you help!!?

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Did you have any test?

Which medicine was prescribed?

How is your stool now?

How is urine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive not had any blood/stool tests but the doctor said if it continues past the second week then they will get a blood test. My stools are fine now (maybe going to the bathroom slightly more frequently but seems ok) Urine is also good

Did doctor prescribe any medicine?

Do you have any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain in abdomen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Currently not on any meds. I do have abdomen uncomfort but not pain

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ive also got a terrible cough that I acquired about 4 days ago

Thank you David, for the information,

Nausea or sick feeling can occur from a number of causes.

Infection is a common cause.

As you had diarrhea, a gastrointestinal infection is likely.

Often it is viral & subsides in a week.

Sometimes, it can get prolonged.

Sometimes, bacterial infection can develop.

If the cough gets worse, or you develop sore throat, fever then you need to have an examination by doctor again.

There can be other causes for nausea like gastritis,peptic ulcer or gall bladder disease,hepatitis etc.

When you are feeling better gradually, you can wait as your doctor suggested.

If you feel worse or develop any new symptom, then I would suggest to consult your doctor sooner.

Doctor can take tests like blood, stool, urine, ultrasound abdomen as he feels after the examination.

Ginger, mint tea may be helpful in nausea.

Spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol can aggravate nausea, you should avoid them now.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!