Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

So, I am for the first time connecting all the headaches I

So, I am for the first time connecting all the headaches I get with the constipation I deal with on a continual basis. The depression meds I am on (3 different ones at high doses) cause the constipation. Drinking water, fiber in my diet, exercise does nothing to move my colon...my stools only happen if I take a laxative; and then they are well formed and soft. I have had ileus the last two times I've had surgery. Will Bio-K and Benefiber help any or all of the above? This has been going on for years, only the headaches are becoming much more common...a nuisance, indeed.

I understand your concern and it's my first priority to serve you.
As you are suffering from constipation for a long time so you can try Bio-K probiotics and Benefibre which can be helpful to you.

Treatment of chronic constipation starts with relief with the Movocol or Miralax but should be maintained with a bulk forming laxative/dietrary changes and then long term use of a stool softener.

The bulk forming laxative should be psyllium seed which is found via brand name Citrucel.

The stool softener thats best for long term use is docusate sodium, brand name colace but there are many store brands.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly if you are satisfied with our conversation.
If you have any further query we can discuss it.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried Miralax, Citrucel and Colace...I don't need stool softeners - they come out soft once they do come. It's getting the colon to MOVE. The Miralax and Citrucel were not effective for any length of time.

Thanks for the follow-up.
As you have tried Miralax, Citrucel and Colace with little relief so Bio-K can be effective in your case.
So you should try it.
Benefibre provide you temporary relief for few days.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.