Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi I recently worked my first over night shift at a bording

Hi I recently worked my first over night shift at a bording home . You are allowed to sleep at this job. At around 11:30pm my coworker and I went to bed . I slept in a recliner and she slept on the couch just across from me . At around 5am i woke remembering parts of what i hope was a wet dream ! It seems I can only remember part of it . I remember it feeling real . When I went to the bathroom i noticed I was wet . I woke up covered up with my blanket with all of my cloths on . I just started taking fluoxitin 10mg . This has caused me major distress . Wondering if i may have walked down the hall and had sex with a male resident while I was sleeping . And my dream was not about a resident but a man I know out side of work .
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

What aspect of this dream can I help clarify?

Customer:

I just would like to know if it was a dream

Dr. Brims :

Have you ever had any similar situation in the past?

Customer:

no

Dr. Brims :

Any sleep walking in the past?

Customer:

only as a young child

Dr. Brims :

Okay, this was likely a dream, I don't think anything real happened (like you having sex at work)

Customer:

ok just curious as I have since been reading up on sexomnia . But from what ive read people are not likley to wonder while sleeing looking for sex .

Dr. Brims :

That is correct

Customer:

Also where I was in a recliner that i had never been in before . Being able to but the foot rest down with the handle would be hard asleep wouldnt it ?

Dr. Brims :

Yes, that would be hard to accomplish asleep

Customer:

ok just really scared . As there are residents there that can get around .

Dr. Brims :

I understand, I don't think you need to be worried

Customer:

Can fluxotine cause anything like sexomnia?

Dr. Brims :

No, it cannot

Customer:

Have you ever heard of someone actually walking in there sleep and having sex?

Dr. Brims :

I have never seen a patient do this, that does not mean it is not possible

Customer:

ok that does not make me feel better lol hoping in time i can stoop obsessing over this

Dr. Brims :

I don't think you need to worry

Customer:

Ok one last question . If I had wouldnt it have been hard for me to get fully dressed and walk back to the chair and get covered up again . I had pants , underwear , socks , slippers and 2 shirts on ?

Dr. Brims :

Yes, it would have been hard to get dressed

Customer:

ok thanks for taking your time

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me (Dr Brims)

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience