Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

So while in the sitting position, I go to put on my right sock

So while in the sitting position, I go to put on my right sock and its like something presses against my ribs and caues extreme muscle pain that persists for hours. I can put on my left sock.. no problem. Sometimes after standing and walking I experience the same pain. During walking or standing I sit down and the pain subsides.
Hi--where exactly is the pain? Any tenderness in that area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the pain is just to the right of the sternum and right along the ribcage. It happened this a m @ 7 and it still is very tender. It hurt more if I press on it

OK Mark--so you haven't had a doctor look at this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not yet

OK Mark. This sounds like costochondritis--an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum. No specific cause for this and it usually resolves in time with some moist heat and ibuprofen, but if it persists, a doctor can inject cortisone into the area that usually makes it subside