Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
sharp knife stabbing feeling on right side of sternum it hurts even to lightly press on the area...sometimes i feel a back pain like a pinched nerve in the same area....pain in the chest has been going on for 6 weeks...4 weeks ago i caught a cold 2 weeks later i was experiencing bronchitis symptoms...ass of right now i feel much better as if the bronchitis may be going away...still have the wheezing sometimes and coughing some but nowhere near as bad ass the past 2 weeks...right collarbone periodically gets a pain then goes away...any ideas...also have had a slight headache off and on everyday for the past 2 weeks and lymph node glands near my throat haven't seemed swollen but aching though out the day for a couple weeks as well
Hello DuWane, I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.Do you have any swelling on the right side of sternum?Do you have fever?Are you smoker?Were any investigations done?
no swelling no feve...yes i was a smoker but quit about 2 months ago....smoked about a pack a day since i was 17...and no i have not been to any doctors yet...I'm scared of the answer because i fear lung cancer
3) Anxiety; which may cause recurrent headache and other myofascial pain.
4) Tension headache; Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
one more question...my mom thinks because I'm over weight a bit, possible diabetes...anything I've described to you soundlike its a strong possibility? or even high blood pressure....I'm just thankful you are positive its not lung cancer.
forgot to mention a pain between my right armit and breast..comes and goes through out the day....mostly on the right side but sometimes i do feel it in the left as well
1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant.
2) physical therapy; simple muscle stretch, augmented muscle stretch, post-isometric relaxation.
3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation, high voltage galvanic stimulation, biofeedback.
4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)
6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points
8) steroid shots