Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Three hours ago, I had sex. Im male. When I ejaculated,

Three hours ago, I had sex. I'm male. When I ejaculated, instead of semen, it was blood. A lot of blood with a clot in it. It burned a bit and didn't feel like a normal ejaculation. I thought maybe the cock ring I had on was tight, but I've used it before with no problems.

Just now, I urinated a lot of blood. The stream was dark red. A few clots came out.

It's nearly midnight where I am. Do I have to go to the ER now, or can I see my doctor first thing in the morning? Am I bleeding interally?

Hematuria is the medical term for blood in urine.
Hematospermia is the medical term for blood in semen.
Many times both hematuria and hematospermia can be caused by prostate issues.
With the symptoms you describe you may need to be seen and further investigations like ultrasound of whole abdomen,cystoscopy etc may be required.Prostatitis/BPH can be a cause.
Calculus,Infection and injury are common causes of bleeding in the urinary tract.
Cystoscopy is endoscopy of the urinary bladder via the urethra. It is carried out with a cystoscope.
As you describe a lot of bleeding in urination i would suggest you to visit ER for further evaluation and management.
Usually a refferal to a urologist may be required in such cases.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can the prostate cause blood in the ejaculate and the urine? I get that it would the ejaculate.

The urine was dark red from start to finish. It looked liked I sliced my wrist open and bled into the toilet.

I did exercise pretty hard today but no harder than any other day and that was many hours ago and several urinations in between with no blood.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
Prostate problems can cause blood in semen and urine.
And it may require an urgent medical attention.
So in my opinion,you should consult your doctor or visit ER ASAP.

Hope this helps.
Please press reply button if you have follow-up query.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thanks dear.