Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I was prescribed a Medrol DosePak last Wednesday. I took the

I was prescribed a Medrol DosePak last Wednesday. I took the 6 pills that day as prescribed. Second day I had only took one pill as I had a severe allergic reaction. Burning itching skin,redness and burning to throat,ears, scalp. I was taking Xyzal with this medication. I had to stop taking after the second day. How long should this medication stay in my system? What was very strange as the next day after taking, I took another Xyzal and the symptoms came back ( but milder) It seemed to me that the combination of the two exacerbated the symptoms. It has now been three days since I stopped the medrol, I need to take a Xyzal, for my allergies, but in fear of the Medrol still in my system...btw, I have taken Xyzal for over 2 years with no problems

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

You can take Xyzal.

Medrol's half life after taking orally is 2.5-3.5 hours.

So it is unlikely to be in your system after 3 days.

You can read this link on it.

There is also no reported interaction of Medrol with Xyzal.

It is often prescribed together.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!