Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

hello why would an 8 year old boy upper body chiver for no

hello why would an 8 year old boy upper body chiver for no reason just sitting on chair his upper body will go into a short spammed XXXX  XX question here.

Hello Dolores ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Since when is this happening?
Were any investigations done?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Dr no this is the first time we have ask about it .it is going on for about 14 days now he is due back up on wed at R,V,H Belfast about his gaulstones it was bad this morning just sitting on chair before he went to school it is like a chiver with his eyes near closed have rang school to watch him

Hello Dolores,

Can you please tell something more about the shiver?
How much time does it last?
When was the gallstones diagnosed?
Was a surgery recommended for gall stones?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the shiver lasts a few seconds just like you would do if cold but he is not cold as for the stones he has had them now for 5 years but we only found out may of this year he is on a tab called Lansoprazole 15mg to stop him from been sick he was born with his bowel outside tummy natrual del has had 6 op so far the wind that he makes and the smell plus his num 2 is like a water poo with a bad smell one of the ops he lost 15cem of his small bowel

Thanks Dolores for the further information.

Following possibilities should be considered for these shivers;

1) Electrolyte abnormalities; estimation of calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium need to be performed.

2) Abnormal thyroid function tests.

3) Dystonia / dyskinesia

4) Tics and stereotypies.

5) Mild grade infection.

An examination by a neurologist and investigations like MRI may be needed apart from the blood work, if these recur or persist.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.