Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

/I have had a horrible rash since late July. First diagnosed

/I have had a horrible rash since late July. First diagnosed as "Grover" and applied very
strong cortisone ointment for seven weeks, with no benefit. Specialist changed his mind about diagnosis. 3 biopsies showed no clue - still awaiting result of blood tests. Itch is
dreadful at night, deadened a bit by a menthol cream, but I would love a whole night's sleep. The spots are not blisters, but more like hives. Scabies has been ruled out, and
I am assured by dermatologist that it is not an allergic reaction, or reaction to any of the cardio-vascular medications I have taken for 8 years.
Many spots die, after a while,with tiny scabs, but new batches of them form. Worse on left arm and back.

I have had consultations with the 3 GP's in the clinic, 1 After hours GP, and 2 leading dermatologists, so would be grateful for a clue.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, if they have already ruled out an allergic reaction,scabies or medication induced rash .

There are other possibilities that will need to be investigated including :

1- A food allergy
2- A bone marrow white blood cell proliferative disorder
3- An autoimmune disorder or connective tissue disorder( in these conditions,the immune cells mistakenly begin to attack your own healthy body's cells )
4- Anxiety or stress disorder
5-An underlying infectious process

Your doctor will need to perform some tests including : food allergy tests , ESR, white blood cell count and ANA antibodies .

With these tests, Your doctor will be able to determine what is producing this rash so you can be treated properly .

In the meantime, You could apply a Calamine lotion which you could get over the counter or you can mix 2 cups of oatmeal , water and 3 teaspoons of cornstarch , apply that mixture and leave it on your skin for 25-35 minutes and take a cold water bath to take it off .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.