Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a dark spot on my uvula. I do smoke. Is this a sure

I have a dark spot on my uvula. I do smoke. Is this a sure sign of cancer? I'm 26
Hi--how long has it been there and what color is it exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's looks dark red.
OK Joe. In that case it isn't likely very serious. It could either be from simple inflammation from a virus or it could be from gastric reflux even if you have no problem with indigestion. I'd suggest for now that you have a doctor look at it but again nothing to really be worried about. Cancer in this area could be a melanoma, but that would be a black and not a red spot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just got a job offer for an inside sales position selling metal. It's an office based job, but they want me to take a physical this week. What should I expect the physician to do during the appointment?
Take a look, of course, but I'm sure he'll agree with me and probably he'll prescribe Zantac or Prilosec for the reflux which I've near;y certain is the problem