Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My wife is two time gestational diabete during pregnancy and

My wife is two time gestational diabete during pregnancy and return to normal after delivery. We are developing a workout program that involve supplements. Since my personal trainer is not comfortable to comment medical subjects for legal issues, I like to see if the listed item is safe for my wife to do.
1. Beta Crete
2. Scivation extend
3. Optimum gold standard whey protien
4. Optimum glyco maize.
Please confirm for me.
Hi--any other medical conditions or medications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No other medical condition besides metformin, loosing weight tea, carb blocker and fat blocker

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is now 5 ft 4 inch and weight 127

OK Derrick. None of the supplements you mentioned have really undergone proper scientific evaluation to evaluated their actions or their safety so I wouldn't suggest she take any of them. She should stick to a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, nuts, coconut milk, tofu or tempeh, and no more than three servings per week of lean meats, poultry, and fish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would you be able to recommend each of the category that is scientific evaluation so I can communicate with trainer as well.

I'm sorry--not quite sure what you're asking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since each supplement covers specific item, can you recommend me the one that is scientific evaluated for each item so I can bring back to discuss with my trainer. My wife and I am eating those type of meal every day already.

OK--let me ask it this way--what exactly is it that you want supplements like these to do for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I ask my trainer to give supplements that allows me to help my wife to loose fat and build muscle much faster. We are intending to loose fat, speed up metabolism, and build muscle at the same time. The current program is four day straight wokout and will get more intense as we go. The exercise consist of cardio, weights, and none weight for total body. The supplements are involved only during exercise day.

OK Derrick, your trainer isn't at all qualified to discuss these or any supplements with you--you need a doctor to do that. Most people with proper diet and exercise build muscle and lose fat naturally. I really don't recommend any body building supplement to my patients since they really don't deliver what they promise and, as I said, their safety really hasn't been established
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi doc, without some kind of supplements, a person would have muscle pain which slow the workout paste

Who told you that Derrick and what is your problem with the muscle pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I experience myself last week, I take basic weight training back in college days before. It's intensive workout we are talking about not normal walking or running.

How long have you been on this workout and were you gradually eased into it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I started last week myself for test run before starting my wife. I set my own weights that I know I can be adopt to.

Well, first off Derrick you started out too hot and heavy and you need to cut back on the intensity and have at least a couple of days between training shifts to let the muscles to recover. If you're having a lot of pain it's an unhealthy program as it is right now. There are no supplements that can offset the harm here so please don't think you can get through this with supplements