Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

Hi I am a 25 year old female who is in good health I recently

Hi I am a 25 year old female who is in good health I recently got a physical exam and all blood tests came back normal. I am having anxiety about a possible exposure to HIV 2 years ago with a one night stand with a male I do not know status of. I am aware he has had many sexual partners in the past. The encounter started off protected but without my knowledge at the time he took off the condom and continued. He didnt ejaculate inside of me. I tested negative for std and HIV a few weeks after exposure but I am aware you must wait for the 3 month mark. Since then I am in a monogomous relationship for over two years now and have not had anyother risk exposures.my current boyfriend recently got a physical as well and had a HIV blood test done and got a negative result..I was too afraid to get a blood test at the time of my physical but then regretted it after so I have decided to test using the oraquick oral swab at home test 4 times in the past 6 months and all came back negative...are these results 100% conclusive and can I ease my mind as being HIV negative? I am having extreme anxiety and it is interfering with my life and relationship .. I am carrying guilt and anxiety regarding this and fear of passing HIV on to my future husband and future children.. please help I need to get on with my life can I trust that the 4 oral swab tests i took as conclusive. I am going to get a routine exam at gyn in a few days and going to request a blood test but can my negative oraquick test change to a positive in a blood test? Thank you in advanced for your help and advice I just want to get on with my life.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 10 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, do not worry, the oraquick HIV test is pretty accurate .

Specially ,in your case, you had that encounter 2 years ago and the results are still negative, you can be 100% sure that you are negative , you do not need to have a blood test , your blood results will also be negative.

Stop worrying , you are HIV negative .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Is pretty accurate enough for me to stop worrying? I have had no symptoms and like I said my blood work came back normal. I just don't know how to stop worrying I just need reassurance that it can't come back to haunt me for the dumb mistake I made. Is it possible for HIV to come up years later after testing negative for it?

No , if you are negative after 6 months , you are negative , it will not come up years later . You can be 100 % sure of that .

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD