Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Hello. Ive had 2 c-sections in the past, one 4and 1/2 years

Hello. I've had 2 c-sections in the past, one 4and 1/2 years ago, another almost 3 years ago. I just noticed while I was in the shower that the scar from the second c-section is a bit opened, and red. After rubbing it (because I was showering) it's been burning a little. I didn't feel any pain on it yesterday or before. This is new. I started doing crunches and other exercises a couple of week ago, and also, today I had a sonogram done and there was some pressure done to the area (the reason for the sonogram is that some times after intercourse I bleed, not too much, and only on the day of intercourse). It's late so I don't want to call my doctor. Can this wait until tomorrow?
And why would this be happening after all this time? Thank you.

Well in some cases there are chances of incisional hernia at the site of the sutures.
Probably this is not a immediate emergency but you should be seen tomorrow by your doctor.
The chances of incisional hernia increases with conditions which result in increased intra abdominal pressure like coughing,Abdominal exercises,straining while bowel motion etc.
Reddish,pain etc at the scar site may be sign of inflammation/infection.

I hope this helps