Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi. I have a left supraclavicular lymph node that is swollen,

Hi. I have a left supraclavicular lymph node that is swollen, less than 1 cm. In June I went through the rabies shots because of a bat attack. I noticed it then because it was sore. It seemed like it went away. About a month ago I got the flu shot and noticed the node again. It hasn't grown and seems movable when I push on it. My GP has been checking it. Blood work was fine, liver test was fine, thyroid tested fine and chest x-ray was fine. It just doesn't go away and I'm nervous about it. My GP told me to come back in 6 weeks and not worry about it. What are your thoughts?
Hi--are you certain it's a node? Have you had a ct scan of the chest and abdomen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can feel three small nodes just above the collar bone. My dr hadn't ordered a ct scan. But told me not to worry about it. They feel less then 1 cm and have not grown.

OK Brad. If it's been noticeable for quite some time and hasn't changed then it's likely just a benign somewhat enlarged node. That said, if we consider it an abnormally enlarged node it can indicate stomach, esophageal, or lung cancer, so I would order lung and abdominal ct scans just to rule those out. Sorry to worry you more here, but I'm obligated to tell you what an enlarged left supraclavicular lymph node might mean