Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Im wondering if anybody can advise regarding possible precautions

I'm wondering if anybody can advise regarding possible precautions I should take with rodent feces that I've found everywhere in the garage. I'm wearing a dust mask and vaccuming up the droppings. I'm wondering if that eliminates most if not all of the disease and respitory dangers that could occur from mice or if something else it advisable.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Yes, you have taken good precaution. Avoiding a respiratory and skin contact is good. Though ideally instead of vacuuming using a disinfectant on the dropping and collecting in a paper bag is best. Please read this authentic resource to clean the rodent droppings;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you know what the window of time is that the droppings are a potential danger? I'm hoping that one they are removed that the areas where they were located will have a decreased risk even if not disinfected as you mentioned. There were many surfaces in a garage, too many to spray or wipe but luckily are it's not a high traffic area.

A good ventilated room will clear it in around 48-72 hours usually.

It is privilege assisting you.