Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I just noticed when I went to the restroom, but behind hurts

I just noticed when I went to the restroom, my behind hurts it seems to have a insect bite on it. I examined it with my hand held mirror, and I noticed 3 bumps with a little white on the tip of all 3 bumps. are these mosquito's bites?

What can I do to soothe them?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Are these bumps near the rectum?
On the skin? Anal margin?
Pain?Severity?
What is your age and gender?
Since how long are you having these symptoms?
Any history of diabetes or hypertension?
Any history of constipation?

Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tburk,

I followed your question. I am Dr. Bora.

These bumps looks like follicle infection in yoour butt.

DO NOT SCRATCH THE AREA, you are likely to spread the infection.

Just keep it clean and apply mupirocin or polymyxin B ointment.

This should clear the bumps.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please leave behind a positive feedback if you liked my answer to give credit for my time and expertise. Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where did they come from? Any can they reappear again?

They are likely from bacteria around your anus which is normal in that area.

This is something NOT to be worried about.

Just apply the ointment that I mentioned which are available OTC.

And make sure you wear clean cotton inner wear. Sweat in that area can also predispose to infection.

They are not likely to come back if you apply the cream to clear off the infection and avoid scratching the bumps.

Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.

I will be offline now.
If you have more question, you can put them here.

If no more question, Please leave behind a positive feedback if you liked my answer to give credit for my time and expertise. Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dr. Bora.