Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

It has just become cold here in Minnesota and my husband is

It has just become cold here in Minnesota and my husband is in and out all day. He is averaging one nosebleed a day and has never had this issue before. We moved to Minnesota from Florida this past May, so this is our first winter here. Is the weather doing this to him??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Does he have allergy to cold or any other symptom besides nose bleeding?

How is his blood pressure?

How much blood is coming at each episode?

When did it start first?

Is there any other associated illness?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

He has no sickness, it started right about the time we started heating our home (natural gas) BP is perfect. In terms of amount, it is steady...I would say a teaspoon as a total

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Hello Shirley,

Thank you for the information,

Change in whether can be a factor for the bleeding.

Dry whether can cause nasal bleeding.

You can keep humidifier in the room.

Nasal saline drop can be used to soften the nasal mucosa.

It can be applied several times.

The other causes of bleeding from nose are cold, allergy, irritation, nasal polyp, growth, foreign body, respiratory infection, bleeding disorder etc..

High blood pressure may also lead to nasal bleeding but his blood pressure is good.

If the bleeding continues, he should have an examination by an ENT doctor.

In case of bleeding, please gently squeeze the soft part of nose for about 5-10 minutes.

Ice wrapped with a piece of cloth can be kept over the hard part of the nose.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!

Regards.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience