Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

my right foot has felt like it was asleep since I broke my

my right foot has felt like it was asleep since I broke my tibial plateau is this normal?
Hi
when did you break your leg?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

October 3rd I also broke my pelvis at the same time so I cannot bear any weight on my right leg and only 50% on my left. I also had a surgery for my leg they put a plate in my leg and pins put in my pelvis

Hi
Well, Robert unfortunately, this is not that uncommon, you probably traumatised the nerve when you either had surgery or when you broke it.
This is called neuropraxia. Most cases do get better over time, but it can take months, even years. I know it is irritating, but hopefully you will regain some feeling soon- but it may never be normal...

I hope that I provided you with excellent service.
Please leave positive feedback if I did
Use reply if you need clarification.
:-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that what I thought it is just that pins and needle feeling and is annoying sometimes it doesn't bother me at all and sometimes its all I can focus on. anyway one last question I have a compression stocking from the hospital that I was told I did not need anymore but would putting that on the leg help at all with to at least increase circulation a little and maybe reduce the pins and needle feeling?

It won't help with the pins and needles, but there is no harm in putting it on the leg to improve venous return, particularly if you are not as mobile as before..

Please leave positive feedback if I did
Use reply if you need clarification.
:-)