Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I have been on dosulepin 2 x 25mg a day for a few years. Owing

I have been on dosulepin 2 x 25mg a day for a few years. Owing to a big increase in stress and depression, it was increased to 5 x 25mg a day 6 weeks ago. As depression and aches/pains have worsened since this, last Monday my Dr wants to change to citalopram, starting me on 10 mg a day from last monday and reducing dosulepin to 4 x 25mg, and down to 2 x 25mg next Monday. However I have started feeling very fluey and shaky. Is this combination OK? Thanks.
hi this combination is okay, but you may want to taper the medication a little slower.
I think the 3x 25mg may be better than dropping it right down to 2x25mg otherwise you may start to withdraw a little..

I hope that I provided you with excellent service.
Please leave positive feedback if I did
Use reply if you need clarification.
:-)