Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

what does my CT scan tell? Procedure comments: The patient

Customer Question

what does my CT scan tell?
Procedure comments: The patient was surveyed from the lung bases through the pelvis after the administration of 100 cc Omni 350 IV contrast as well as oral contrast and data was reconstructed for coronal, sagittal, and axial images.Comparison: None.Findings:The lung bases are unremarkable. There is no pleural fluid present. The visualized portions of the heart appear normal.The liver is normal in size. There is a subcentimeter left hepatic lobe hypodensity which is too small to accurately characterize. The hepatic parenchyma is otherwise unremarkable. The gallbladder is unremarkable in appearance. There is no intra-or extrahepatic biliary ductal dilatation.The stomach, spleen, pancreas, and adrenal glands are unremarkable.The kidneys are normal in size and location and concentrate and excrete contrast properly on delayed imaging. There is no evidence of hydronephrosis. The ureters appear normal in course and caliber without evidence of ureteral dilatation. The urinary bladder is unremarkable. The uterus demonstrates no significant abnormality. There is a 3.0-cm left ovarian cyst. The right ovary is unremarkable.The abdominal aorta is normal in course and caliber without significant atherosclerotic calcifications.The visualized loops of small and large bowel show no evidence of obstruction or inflammation. The appendix is not definitely visualized, however no dilated tubular structures are identified within its expected location. There are a few scattered normal size and upper limits of normal mesenteric lymph nodes identified within the right lower quadrant. There is no ascites, free fluid, or intraperitoneal free air. When viewed with bone windows the osseous structures are unremarkable. The extraperitoneal soft tissues are unremarkable.Impression1. No definite evidence of acute intra-abdominal abnormality. The appendix is not definitely visualized, however there is no evidence of a dilated tubular structure within its expected location. There are scattered nonspecific normal and upper limit of normal mesenteric lymph nodes seen within the right lower quadrant. Clinical correlation with patient's symptoms and exam findings is recommended.2. Subcentimeter left hepatic lobe hypodensity which is too small to accurately characterize.3. Left ovarian cyst.______________________________________
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about your problems

Dr. Brims :

This CT scan states there is nothing acute occurring in your abdomen,

Dr. Brims :

No acute problem

Dr. Brims :

You have a ovarian cyst, which is common

Customer:

my doctor is trying to remove my gallbladder. why?

Dr. Brims :

A small irregular area in your liver which is too small to describe

Customer:

what does that mean?

Dr. Brims :

I don't know, it states your gall bladder is normal

Dr. Brims :

What does what mean?

Customer:

can i show you my ultrasound results?

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

Sonographic images of the upper abdomen were obtained without comparison

Findings: The pancreas, aorta, and inferior vena cava were suboptimally evaluated secondary to limited sonographic window. The liver is normal in size and echogenicity measuring 14.3 cm in craniocaudal dimension. There is no intrahepatic or ductal
dilatation or focal parenchymal abnormality. The common bile duct is normal in caliber measuring 3 mm. The gallbladder is not abnormally dilated. There are punctate mobile echogenic foci within the gallbladder lumen without pericholecystic fluid or
wall thickening. A sonographic Murphy's was not elicited. The spleen measures 9.5 cm and is otherwise unremarkable.

Customer:

is this enough to remove my gallbladder?

Dr. Brims :

It does not seem like enough to me

Customer:

do you think i should get a second opinion?

Dr. Brims :

I would recommend a second opinion

Customer:

what do you suggest about the lymph nodes in my abdomen?

Dr. Brims :

Nothing, everyone has lymph nodes in the abdomen, yours are not enlarged

Customer:

Thanks a bunch Dr. Brims!!!! you have put me at ease!!!!

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

I am happy I could help

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions in the future, you may request me and I will answer

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience