Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

What is the likelihood this is lymphoma? Please note- I have

What is the likelihood this is lymphoma? Please note- I have anxiety and I am in the process of being treated for it.

For the past 4 weeks I've experienced a loss of appetite and fatigue. I also have a "bloated" feeling LUQ into my back. Could this be lymphoma?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did the pain start?

Do you feel any lump there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The bloated feeling comes and goes. No lump there. I don't have any palpable lumps in neck, armpit, or groin. Through my loss of appetite, I have hardly been eating, and have lost roughly 10lbs in 7 weeks. I recently (Saturday) started to force myself to eat 3 meals a day.

Thank you for the information,

This is unlikely to be due to lymphoma.

The symptoms in left upper quadrant, bloating can be due to gastritis, ulcer.

This pain can radiate to back.

Anxiety state can exacerbate acid problem.

As you do not feel lymph nodes in other areas, you should not worry about lymphoma.

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What about the loss of appetite, weight loss, and fatigue? All I want to do is lay in bed and sleep. I also want to say I had a chest xray about 3 weeks ago that was normal.

Lack of appetite can occur from stress, anxiety,

Loss of weight can occur from it.

I would suggest to consult your psychiatrist for evaluation again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, so not likely lymphoma? Would a swollen spleen show up on abdominal xray?

An ultrasound examination of the abdomen would be helpful to find out whether the spleen is enlarged.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience