Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

my son is going to be 43 years old and he weighs 240. he is

my son is going to be 43 years old and he weighs 240. he is a health fanatic but is worried because his heart rate was 85 and a man in his 70's is in the 40's who is also a health fanatic
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.

Chris C. :

Hello! What is your question today?

Chris C. :

Resting Pulse Rate by Age:

Age Group Pulse Rate (BPM)
Babies to age 1 100-160
Children aged 1 to 10 60-140
Children aged 10+ and adults 60-100
Well-conditioned athletes 40-60

Customer:

hi, my question is my son who is 43 is an exercise fanatic. He was worried because his pulse was 95 and a man who is in his 70's who also exercises, BUT also runs, had a pulse of about 42. My son is worried that he isn't doing enough cardio. What do you feel and is his pulse something to be worried about?

Chris C. :

Ok, is it 85 or 95? It says in the original question it was 85.

Customer:

sorry, 95

Chris C. :

Ok.

Customer:

sorry, 95

Chris C. :

His heart rate is right where it should be. The only time you would get this greatly reduced would be athletes in very good condition especially runners. Running over time makes a major difference in heart rate.

Chris C. :

The average for runners is right at 60.

Customer:

ty

Chris C. :

He should not be concerned at 95 though.

Chris C. :

This is still quite normal.

Customer:

I will tell him, ty

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Thanks for your question and please rate my service today so I get credit for my time.

Customer:

I'm trying to rate this conversation as excellent but it won't take :(

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to rate now.