Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
19689124

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a 13 year old son that is having

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a 13 year old son that is having problems at school with his PE teacher or. Coach. Can coach's verbally abuse kids? Saying things like are you going to cry? Why dont you go to McDonald's and get some Mc Cries.? Not sure if this is something to worry about or who do i speak to about this issue? My son no longer wants to go to PE.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 11 months ago.

Susan RN :

HelloCustomer I would be glad to help you today. What you have described sounds like a form of bullying or verbal harrassment that as a parent ( we have 4 children) I would contact the school. Schools should have an anti-bullying policy in place. I would contact the school's principal and set up a meeting as soon as possible. Explain the behavior and the impact it is having on your son. If they are not willing to deal with it, then contact the school administrator. Follow the chain of command. I don't know which state you live, but most states have in place statues that require the school to look into situations like this whether it is coming from a student or teacher. Your son should not have his quality of life taken away by an adult who needs an attitude adjustment. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am here to help you. I have 3 children that have special needs and we have had to deal with the bullying issue with the youngest who has Asperger's and ADHD. We are the squeaky wheel for our kids so be your son's advocate. You have my support. Let me know if you have more questions.

Susan RN, Nurse
Experience: RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
Expert:  Susan RN replied 10 months ago.
Chris, I wanted to touch base with you and see how things are going. Have you been able to speak to anyone yet at the school?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O yes the Coach called and apologized for everything he said it was his fault he didn't know what happened. He went on and on about how my son is great kid and how he didnt thing before opening his mouth. Thank you for getting me through this.
Customer I am so glad that the Coach apologized for his actions. It is a shame that people, including adults, sometimes do not think before they speak. My leadership group has resources designed to help people improve their lives and one of the areas is in communication and handling confrontation. We also have a series for kids, particularly adolescents and teens. If you would like more information, please email me atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for being an advocate for your son. Believe it or not, there are parents out there who would not have taken the time to deal with this type of situation. Thanks for being extraordinary.
Susan RN, Nurse