Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

i went to the Er thursday and had a ekg and chest x-ray due

i went to the Er thursday and had a ekg and chest x-ray due to pain my left arm/shoulder, both came back normal. i would like to talk with someone about whats happening now. im having pains on the left side of my body only.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did the pain start?

How frequently are you having it?

What does aggravate the pain?

What treatment was given in ER?

Do you feel any tenderness?

Is there any redness?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

the pain started in my upper arm and shoulder and it didnt feel very good for awhile. now its not nearly in my arm. its comes and goes, buts it just on my left side and its freaking me out. it feels like a head ache sometimes on my left side, in my left hand or arm, or in my left knee cap. no other symptoms. the pain isnt terrible, just comes and goes in all those areas. nothing else you asked me is happening besides the pain.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Which medicine were prescribed?

Are you taking any medicine now?

When did the pain start exactly?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

he told me to just take advil or tylenol. the pain started on tuesday evening....like i said, its not nearly as bad, not even close to what it was....if i was asked id say i made improvement. its just kinda spread around those other places and only on my left side of body.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Mike, for the information,

The pain in left side of arm, shoulder can be due to different factors.

It can be due to muscle spasm, strain.

Nerve related issues like impingement can cause pain.

But that is usually more severe.

Arthritis or costochondritis of the ribs can cause it.

Heart pain like angina, infarct can cause pain in left arm, shoulder.

You have been examined in ER & had EKG.

I feel doctor did not think it is related to heart.

You can take tylenol/ advil.

Those would help in musculoskeletal pain.

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

but as far as it being on just my left side and going at different moments from my head down to the knee....its not happening in all those areas at once....comes and goes in all areas...could one strained muscle or nerve cause all that?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
It can be related to muscle, joint or nerve.

Heart pain would not be felt in knee or head.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience