Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

for dr. anthony bray: hi doctor. i spoke to you last week about

Customer Question

for dr. anthony bray: hi doctor. i spoke to you last week about the pain in my left arm....worried about the heart. i went to the Er thursday and had a ekg and chest x-ray, both came back normal. i would like to talk wth you about whats happening now. im having pains on the left side of my body only.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello again!
Anthony Bray, MD : it is nice to hear back from you!!
Anthony Bray, MD : tell me more details of these left side pains...
Anthony Bray, MD : at age 25 it would be exceedingly rate to see the typical heart disease ( coronary heart disease and heart attacks would not be expected to be much risk to you until later in life > age 50-55-60 for example )
Anthony Bray, MD : Do you have pains / burning/ tingling of the left foot/ lower leg or thigh??
Anthony Bray, MD : what about symptoms of your left hand/ arm/ arm??
Anthony Bray, MD : sharp pains? Dull ache? Ache in joints or not really??
Anthony Bray, MD : do you have any weakness of either arms or legs ??
Anthony Bray, MD : Do you have any rash corresponding to pain areas ??
Anthony Bray, MD : do you have any known health problems?
Anthony Bray, MD : any medical conditions?
Anthony Bray, MD : do you take any medicine?
Anthony Bray, MD : any supplements?
Anthony Bray, MD : what is your height and weight??
Anthony Bray, MD : do you work with any toxic chemicals ?? Photo processing/ manufacturing/ handling chemical solvents/ pesticides/ heavy metals?? ( lead. Mercury, arsenic and cadmium = most common heavy metal exposures)
Anthony Bray, MD : Left arm pain can be referred from heart caused pain( angina) but this would be very rate at your age...
Anthony Bray, MD : if you had mainlyeft hand symptoms then I would first think of ruling out carpal tunnel syndrome...
Anthony Bray, MD : if left arm and especially burning sensation or pins and needles plus weakness then I would first thinknto rule our nerve compression at level of neck or brachial plexus ... ( brachial plexus is web of nerve se that runs under collar bone to shoulder)
Anthony Bray, MD : esophageal reflux / esophageal spasms and esophagitisay also have pain referred to left arm possible...
Anthony Bray, MD : involvement of left left would not fit that cause however..
Anthony Bray, MD : if you have both arm and leg new symptoms( pain or abnormal sensation and possibly weakness ) then I would advise further work up with neurologist --- further work up may be needed if this were the case --- metabolic studies ( electrolyte abnormalities, B12 deficiency) autoimmune disease related to neurological symptoms/
Anthony Bray, MD : if arm and leg involvement then MRI of brain and neck may be needed -- rule out MS( multiple sclerosis ) for example ...
Anthony Bray, MD : sorry that my comments are so broad!! Since you are not online now I lack some needed feedback from you to help narrow the focus!! I will be online some tonight and again tomorrow!! I hope to catch up with you soon!!
Anthony Bray, MD : et me know what is going on in best detail that you can and I will get back with you!!
Anthony Bray, MD : take care and best regards for now!!
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD