Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical

Have a single Red bump on

Have a Single Red bump that is was not painful until just now after intercourse. It is at the top part of my shaft, and it does not look like a blister. I can send a picture if needed

Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 5 months ago.

Susan RN :

dacwka1n, I would be glad to help you this evening. I do have a few questions to help me get a better idea of your overall health and wellbeing. What medical conditions do you have if any? What medications do you take? Have you had this type of red bump before? If so, when and where? Thank you in advance.

Customer:

Feel fine. Just getting over a prostate infection. No medications.

Customer:

Never had this before

Susan RN :

How long have you had the bump? IS there any drainage?

Customer:

had it for maybe a week, maybe. no drainage

Susan RN :

Thank you. Does it look like it could an hair that has got caught under the skin? or does it look like it is more from irritation? How big is the area? Compare it to a dime, penny, nickel, quarter, etc.

Susan RN :

If you have a picture, you can send it as well. I just need to see the red area.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

It is a tiny bump and red. about the size of a pin head

Susan RN :

Ok. Thank you for the picture and description. It does not look like an infection or ingrown hair. It looks more like irritation of an area of thicker skin. You could put some antibiotic ointment on it to see if it soothes it. If it gets a head on it or has drainage or you develop more of these, then I would either contact a doctor or contact us again. I don't know if using some lubricant with intercourse with help decrease the friction factor and decrease the irritation for you.

Customer:

It seems better now. I believe it was irritated, but I wanted to make sure it couldn't be "something else"

Customer:

So if there is no drainage or change in growth, I should be ok?

Susan RN :

I understand especially when it is something that you have not encountered before. Yes, you should be okay if no drainage or change in growth or more of them appear with blisters. Can I help you with anything else this evening?

Customer:

No. You have been great. You know I just maybe freaked out about it, but you never know. Thanks again. for the Excellent Service

Susan RN :

No problem. I am here to help. Have a wonderful evening.

Customer:

you too

Susan RN :

Thank you.

Susan RN, Nurse
Experience: RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
Expert:  Susan RN replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Just wanted to follow up and see how you were doing. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Have a blessed day.