Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Can a person eat Unisom tablet to sleep. --------------------------------------- -

Can a person eat Unisom tablet to sleep.
- I couldnt sleep yesterday whole night as I had a function in India to be on call with. I am trying to sleep in day time but not able to sleep. My head is aching because of that.
- I am urrently taking following medicines.
1. Paroxitine(20 mg daily) for anxiety
2. Levocetrizine (5 mg daily ) for allergy
3. Combivir and viread just for last 15 days as post exposure profilexis
4. Can I take Unisom Tablet to take a nap of 1 to 2 hours. If not please can you suggest anything else.
There is no specific dangerous interaction between your prescription medications and Unisom, HOWEVER, when combined with your other medications there is a higher risk of dizziness and over-sedation (drowsiness) than one might expect if you were not taking these prescriptions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

in that case what do you suggest me. Shoud I take the unisom or I shud better wait until night.

It is probably better waiting until night, since taking a nap could further disrupt your normal circadian (day-night) cycle.