Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
19689124

Had itchy anus. I scratched. Now I have some small bumps near

Had itchy anus. I scratched. Now I have some small bumps near the opening and the inside right cheek
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan RN replied 1 year ago.

Susan RN :

Hello jacustomer. I would be glad to help you today. IN order for me to get a better idea of what could be the problem, I would like more information about your overall health and any health conditions you might have? Since we are talking about your anus, do you have any problems with acne in that area or hemorrhoids? Any cuts or scratches?

Customer:

I suffer from hemorrhoids and was recently using some preparation H and alternating with yeast cream because it was so itchy.

Susan RN :

Do these small bumps appear near the hemorrhoids or are they away from them?

Susan RN :

Have you been on antibiotics recently?

Customer:

No antibiotic. I used some neosporin ointment. The bumps start on the outer anus area and spread on to the buttock on the right a small area ner the anus

Susan RN :

Do they have any blisters or pus on them?

Susan RN :

What did the neosporin ointment do to the bumps?

Susan RN :

Is the skin broken on the bumps?

Customer:

No pus or blisters. The ointment didn't do anything I tried it because I thought maybe the bumps came from scratching

Susan RN :

I understand. Good thinking. Could the bumps be from the skin being irritated from the scratching? When we scratch the skin, the body releases some histamine which can cause the area to become red and swollen. How long ago did you scratch the area?

Customer:

no pus or blisters I can se.Not that I can see. I am African american and my skin is dark

Susan RN :

Have you tried putting the hemorrhoid cream on the bumps? If it is from irritation, the hemorrhoid cream would help decrease their size.

Customer:

I scratched a few days off and on but I also cleaned and wiped a lot especially after using the restroom and the tissue made it worse

Customer:

No I will try putting the ointment on the bumps

Susan RN :

Most hemorrhoid creams have a decongestant ingredient that should help the bumps. If they get bigger, develop pus or blisters on them, or continue to spread, contact us or contact a doctor or nurse practitioner. Is there anything else i can do to help you this evening?

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try this! Again thanks for your help!!!

Susan RN :

You could also try sitting in a warm bath. The warm water may help your hemorrhoids and the bumps.

Susan RN :

You are most welcome. Have a good evening.

Susan RN, Nurse
Experience: RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical
Expert:  Susan RN replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Just wanted to see how you were doing and if the bumps were getting better or worse. Let me know if you have more questions that I can help you with. Have a blessed day.