Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

What type of doctor should a woman going through menopause

What type of doctor should a woman going through menopause go to for hair lose.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. Let me guide you. There are many causes for hair loss. It can be a primary skin problem or can be due to a systemic illness like thyroid hormone imbalance. You should visit your primary doctor first and he should check your thyroid hormones levels checked (if not checked recently). He will examine you for any skin problem in your scalp which might be the cause of your hair loss. If your thyroid hormones have any problem, he will refer you to an endocrinologist. Otherwise he may refer you to a dermatologist. Menopause is least likely to be related here but if your doctor suspects it to be the cause, again an endocrinologist will be required. I hope this helps you, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
Most welcome :), My best wishes for you.