Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I recently had contact with a girl but no intercourse.

I recently had sexual contact with a girl but no intercourse. Five days after the head of my penis had been irritating me, almost a burning sensation but no signs of any sores or blisters. Today i noticed two tiny red cracks in the crotch area that cause pain when touched. Could this be the start of herpes or something else?
Hi--what kind of sexual contact exactly? What do you mean by red cracks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just the penis making contact with her vagina but i had underwear still on. The tiny red cracks look as if i had dried crack skin.

OK John. With the scenario you describe you couldn't contract an STD like herpes, HIV, gonorrhea, etc. The cracks sound like perhaps eczema or a yeast rash but again not an STD. The penis symptom could be from a prostate infection that just coincidentally occurred after the event. I would suggest you see a doctor to evaluate for that but you needn't worry about an STD here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would a prostate infection causes the penis head to hurt but show no visible signs. I thought something to do with the prostate would cause pain while peeing...i also wont be able to see a doctor till friday, I did some research and began putting clotrimazole on irritating areas yesterday including the penis head, is this a bad idea?

Yes--an inflamed prostate can radiate symptoms to the penis and testicles without any burning on urination. The clortrimazole is fine for now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as inflamed prostate goes how can I address that, any over the counter medication I can take?

You could try saw palmetto for now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You Dr. Chip, I feel a little better about it probably not being an STD.

My pleasure John but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you