Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hello. If I drink 1000ml water and am properly hydrated, how

Hello. If I drink 1000ml water and am properly hydrated, how long before I will need to pee and how much will be produced?Thanks
Hi--a bit of an unusual question--can I first ask why you ask it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My partner has tons of 1200ml when he wakes up even though he "watches" his fluid before bedtime.

You mean he urinates all that amount first thing in the morning? How about during the day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes......During the day its 1200 sometimes....that is about average. Can you answer my first question?Thanks!

OK. For a healthy person who's hydrated drinking a liter of water should cause a need to urinate in one to two hours and the urine volume would be about 200 to 300 m;.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where did the other 7-800ml go?

Well, not all the water one drinks just flows out through the kidneys. Besides a good bit of it being used for the metabolic processes of the body, the kidneys filter the blood and don't just let all the water in the blood to pass into the bladder. The kidneys concentrate the urine appropriately depending on the state of hydration