Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

when you have dry nose and blood in the nose when i woke up

when you have dry nose and blood in the nose when i woke up and blew it
what do i do- is it because my room is dry or i have a sinus infection etc..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Do you have any other symptom?

Do you have pain, fever, cough?

When did it happen?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i do hav a dry cough also

How many times did you have bleeding? How frequently?

How is your blood pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

my blood preasure is low

Thank you for the information,

In sinus infection, there would usually be pain in the face, forehead areas, nasal congestion, discharge.

As you are not having any such symptom, it is likely to be due to dryness of the room.

High blood pressure can cause nasal bleeding.

As your blood pressure is low, this possibility is not there.

You can keep the room humidified.

You can use saline nasal drops to keep the mucus membrane of nose moistened

If you develop pain, headache or if the cough increases, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

In case of bleeding, please gently squeeze the soft part of nose for about 5-10 minutes while you can breath through mouth.

Ice wrapped with a piece of cloth can be kept over the hard part of the nose.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!

Regards.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i do have pain in my face- the cat scan- i know i have sinusists

but they won;t do any surgery

Did they prescribe any medicine?

When did you have CT scan?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no all that nexus / sinus medication with cortisones in it

When did you consult ENT doctor last?

Are you taking those medicines?

Do these medicines help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no they did no help

i don' want to keep taking cortiscord

The treatment in chronic sinusitis aims at reducing swelling of mucosa & help in sinus drainage.

In addition if there is infection it needs to be treated.

The different treatment options can be nasal saline or steroid, decongestants, oral steroid, immunotherapy in some cases of allergy, antibiotics etc.

As you did not get any relief, you should have an examination by an ENT specialist again.

Endoscopic surgery can be done.

FESS or functional endoscopic sinus surgery helps with complete to moderate improvement.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
went to ent and said there is nothing that can be done about my muscus in my nose i have thick mucus
is that true
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.
Hello Wendy,

Did you consult ever an allergist?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
did nothing
the ears nose throat said maybe don't have milk etch
also there is a bump growth on my nose he did not know what it is
i have sinus at right side
eustachian tube problem he said there is nothing to do
and tear duck sugery so my bone hurts still and my nose is crooked and my glasses don't fit properly
also popping in ear
my ear is burning red and pain while the rest of face is white
In chronic inflammation or allergy there can be thickening of mucus membrane.

If the cause can be found, then there can be some improvement.

You can consult an Allergist if you have not visited recently.

I would advise to take a second opinion from an another ENT specialist.