Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

i have a mild case of MS. i take Copaxone injections daily

i have a mild case of MS. i take Copaxone injections daily as a precaution as i have yet to really have a serious episode. recently my feet have the sensation that they are cold but when i feel them with my hand, they are not cold. when my feet are in shoes they feel cold, when i remove the shoes, they feel better, but still cold. I have a good pulse that can be found in the ankle. i have an office job and the floor is concrete. i wear slip on smart shoes and steel capped work boots, but when im in the office i remove my shoes. i hit the gym for 30 minutes during the work week. i wake up with comfortable feet as i am laying down but when im standing or sitting( all Day) my feet are cold. what does this mean?

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did this symptom develop?

When did you start taking Copaxone?

When did you have MRI? How was the report?

Is there any change of color in feet?

What were your symptoms when the diagnosis of MS was made?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the symptom began 8 months ago.

Injections have been ongoing for 14 months

ive had several MRIs but he one where i was diagnosed was 16 months ago. there has been 2 since the diagnosis.

my feet look to have the same color and have not changed

Thank you Derek, for the information,

The cold feeling can be due to a few causes.

Low circulation in the limb can be a cause.

But you have examined the pulse which seems normal & there is no change of color.

Another possibility is altered nerve impulse or paresthesia.

In case of lower limbs & associated with change of position, it can arise from degenerative disc disease, nerve impingement.

It may also come from tight shoes if you have changed it recently, but it is unlikely to persist for months.

As you have multiple sclerosis its role needs to be explored..

I would suggest to get an evaluation by your neurologist.

He can repeat a few tests after examination.

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.