Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have been diagnosed with BPD, which I always disputed...

I have been diagnosed with BPD, which I always disputed... But I am now experiencing severe insomnia, maybe 13 hours sleep over the last entire week. When I do fall asleep, I awake with night terrors, demons and insects haunting me. I am so scared to get involved with a psyche team again, but I don't know what to do. How dan I get my sleep pattern back?!
I really want to resolve this without seeing my own GP or psychiatrist.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

Are you on these meds right now?

Customer: No, I stopped my anti depressant because I was becoming hyper ANSI do not want to go back onto the olanzapine, as it took a long time to get off it and lose the weight
Customer: I thought a one off dose would break this cycle
Dr. Brims :

Have you tried anything for sleep since this started?

Customer: No
Dr. Brims :

Do you have anxiety?

Customer: I am anxious that I may become ill again, I am anxious due to the lack of sleep and now I am fearful of the dreams etc
Customer: Have palpitations and anxiety due to insomnia
Dr. Brims :

Okay, you may consider trying a drug like benadryl for sleep, it is non habit forming and should help

Customer: Ok
Customer: How long can I stay in this, without it losing its effectiveness?
Dr. Brims :

You can stay on it for months

Customer: Okay, thanks
Dr. Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have any questions in the future you may request me ( Dr Brims) and I will answer

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer: Will do
Dr. Brims :

Thank you