Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

Seborrheic Keratosis - My dermatologist says I have many seborreheic

Seborrheic Keratosis - My dermatologist says I have many seborreheic on my scalp. I can't see the back of my head and felt a bump. I had a friend take a picture of the bump, may I upload the picture? Is this seborrheic keratosis or possible skin cancer?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Please send the picture.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Bump on Scalp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

just sent the picture.

The picture is not clear. Can you send another? When did the bump appear? How large is it? Is it enlarging? Do you have any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry I don't have another picture. There is no pain and it is not enlarging. I can just wait to see my dermatologist then. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for the information,

From your symptoms it appears to be epidermoid or sebaceous cyst.

This is benign in nature.

You can wait to see your dermatologist.

The cause is due to swollen hair follicle.

Trauma to skin can initiate it.

Usually warm moist compress will help to heal.

In some cases there can be infection & will need antibiotics,

Other treatments include surgical excision, corticosteroid injection, laser etc

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you, as long as it is not skin cancer I can live with it.

Yes, in case of sebaceous cyst, it can be left alone.

Sometimes, small ones can pass away on its own.