911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician

, I am 26 year old male. So I have some diseases like high

Customer Question

,

I am 26 year old male. So I have some diseases like high cholesterol and kidney stone. But from sometime I am having pain in the left upper chest corner. I have diagnosed with ecg which came normal, tmt test came normal, ultrasound found kidney stone but liver came mormal, Plain X-ray found hilar shadows in left and right lungs. TLC and DLC came normal, Mantoux test came normal. I did xray because I was having dry cough with whooping sound. My cholesterol is 231 I am taking medicine for this. I was browsing internet and found that taking fish oil omega 3 capsules daily will help in redusing cholesterol and good for heart, I am started taking omega3 from today only. My blood pressure is normal too, but I am afraid of lung hilar shadows are found. I do not take cigrattes and alchohol. Please advice.
Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 8 months ago.

911Doctor :

There is nothing in this story that is concerning to me.

911Doctor :

You are 26

911Doctor :

you have a negative test for tuberculosis

911Doctor :

you have some non specific findings on the CXR

911Doctor :

the 'hilar shadows'

911Doctor :

this means simply that in the chest xray the radiologist can not clearly see the contrast between the central chest/heart and the lungs

911Doctor :

at most this might require a follow up chest xray

911Doctor :

if your physician is concerned about this a Chest CT might be ordered

911Doctor :

but based on your symptoms that might not be necessary

911Doctor :

it is likely that this has nothing to do with your heart or lungs

911Doctor :

given your age and testing already performed

911Doctor :

so I think simply following up with your physician regarding the recurring pain

911Doctor :

is all you need to do

911Doctor :

the fish oil is a good idea

911Doctor :

though the cholesterol issue is not something that needs to be corrected right away

911Doctor :

if you smoke you should stop

911Doctor :

but you do not need to worry about this chest Xray finding

911Doctor :

again, at most, another chest Xray might be needed to clarify

911Doctor :

and if the finding persists a CT might be needed

911Doctor :

I do not see you in the chat so will change this to a Q and A format.

If your question has been adequately answered please consider leaving positive feedback. If you have further questions simply type them in the box below and click reply. Have a great evening, and, should you need my assistance in the future please begin your question with 'for 911doc'.

Best

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.